Earthlove HQ is located on our small farm and natural apiary in Washington State. We take sustainability seriously behind the scenes too!
Packaging, Packing, & Shipping
- Reduce. Reuse. Recycle is our mantra: at Earthlove, we're always look for ways to reduce our own carbon footprint and impact on our beautiful planet.
- We use EcoEnclose's 100% post-consumer cardboard and GreenWrap's post-consumer crinkle shred for packing. Our box is printed with algae-based inks -- the most non-harmful inks on the planet!
- We use Terra Cycle for any plastic waste that gets shipped to us from our vendors (we always ask our vendors to ship as eco-friendly as possible!)
- When we're forced to use peanut packing material, it's corn-based and fully compostable (just run it under a tap and watch it dissolve!)
- We wrap any item that might leak in tissue or kraft paper instead of plastic or zip lock bags
- We reuse boxes, kraft paper, and other packing materials that are sent to us.
Paper, Box Magazines, and Books
- All of Earthlove's paper materials, including any promos and the box magazine, are either printed on post-consumer paper or use FSC-certified paper from sustainably-managed forests. Our printer uses waterless technology to print, ensuring that water isn't wasted.
- All of the books featured in our boxes are called "Last chance" books. We buy them after they've been returned from retailers so they don't end up heading to a landfill.
- We do not send paper packing slips. All receipts are sent through email to reduce paper.
We are proud partners of 1% for the Planet. In addition, we donate to one of our environmental non-profit partners, which our members vote to support, each quarter.
- Earthlove has partnered with Cloverly to give customers the opportunity to offset their carbon footprint for shipping boxes. Cloverly distributes the funds to the carbon project that is closest in distance to the customer, including farms, wind energy projects, forest regeneration, and other initiatives.
- On the backend, we've partnered with Boxton to offset all carbon of shipments that head to our warehouse.